Friday, October 15, 2010

Sugar cube


Petrified by his gesture at my mom, I tip toed towards the door like a soldier who enters an enemy’s camp with utmost stealth and caution. Days have become long for me nowadays. And the last day was one such never ending day, an exhausting one in fact. On the way to work, I was thinking about this little guy, my nephew. You would never say that he is a quarter to 2 by looking at his acts. He even outsmarts you at times with his piquant body language, capable of even amusing grumpy big monks next door.

Mom was stunned seeing him glowering at her when she ordered not to intrude me while I start to office. It was not his acute stare at her that surprised me but the way he rested his arms around his waist and ordered her not to glue him to a place. Well, it was like Achilles glaring at the Trojan prince in front of the Trojan wall. Mom grabbed him with her hands and kissed him passionately, looking happily at his face as if he’d won a Bafta.

He peed in my body when refused a drive, pooped in my dinner plate when refused a bribe and scratched my face when refused a shoulder, my elementary elegance.

Once when I was yelling at my mom for water, this lil guy carried a glass of water pouring it here and there, propounding me only quarter the actual content with the glass painted in brown out of the dirt from his palm, the cutest of the arts. Some say that children are the pathway to eternity. I have seen it here on earth, in his bright eyes, by his acts. Sacred he is!!!

2 comments: